When I got back to class one of my little sweeties told me she missed me over the break and that made the transition back to work easier! Love those firsties!
Over the weekend I was nominated for a Liebster Award and isn't that the coolest?
By two different ladies no less! I will try to answer the questions as best as I can!! So here are the rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions the nominator has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with 200 followers or less) and link them in your post.- No Tag back (But please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)
11 Random Things
1. I am a beauty product junkie. Seriously - I can't get enough of Ulta or Sephora. Thank goodness for Ulta coupons in the mail! I am on the eternal quest for the perfect lipgloss, eyeshadow, mineral powder, and so on!
2. I have just about the most eclectic taste in music...ever. I love anything from Broadway Music to Black-Eyed Peas!
3. I have a hard time saying no to people! I hope that doesn't make me an enabler!
4. I love action movies! James Bond anyone? Die Hard? Love them all! Isn't my hubs a lucky guy?
5. I love decorating and decorating mags. The hubs always complain about my magazine stash and why can't I throw some out?
6. I also love documentaries, especially about animals. I always wind up crying like a baby during them!
7. Another latest beauty obsession I have is gel nails! I finally broke down and forked out the cash to buy an LED lamp ($50 at Ulta). I am in love! You will never go back to regular nail polish again! I brought all my gel nail stuff to work and my team had a gel nail party! One of my team members has already bought her own lamp to get started.
8. I am a Dr. Pepper addict. No hope of recovery.
9. I love me some Amazon. The one-click ordering is a blessing and a curse for me!
10. I lived in Hawaii for a semester (my hubs was doing his undergrad there at the time) and got engaged there. There is simply no place like Hawaii! LOVE it!
11. My undergrad is in Elementary Education from Arizona State and my graduate degree is in Special Education from Lubbock Christian University. There is definitely a special place in my heart for autistic kiddos!
So here are the question for me...
1) How did you pick your blog name?
I love rhyming and alliteration and I thought "crusade" seems very fitting when it comes to education!
2) What made you start writing a blog?
I decided to join in the blogging world instead of being a passive blog stalker!
3) What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
I love doing outdoor activities like just going for a nature walk, kayaking or canoeing. Austin is such a great place for outdoor enthusiasts! I also LOVE movies!
4) Coke or Pepsi?
5) Who is your favorite music group?
That is like picking a favorite star! However I really enjoy Mumford and Sons. They're both folksy and soulful=)
6) What would you purchase if you had an unlimited budget?
I am a nester so I would just create one heck'uva cozy home for me and my family.
7) What is your favorite book to share with your students?
I love it when we do our genre study of Fairytales! I can't pick just one, I love them all!
8) What household chore do you like the least?
Toilet scrubbing. Does it get any worse?
9) What professional book or conference changed something about how you teach?
Probably the Daily Five. You have to practice behaviors again and again. I am a firm believer in routines.
10) What is your favorite color?
blues, greens, greys- earthy tones.
11) If you could eat lunch with a famous person, who would it be?
Now here are my questions...
1. What made you decided to be a teacher?
2. If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. What is your dream vacation?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. What is your favorite subject to teach?
7. Where did you graduate from college?
8. What has been your favorite place you've lived?
9. Night on the town or yoga pants and a movie?
10. Who are you dying to see in concert?
11. Who is the person who most inspires you?
Here are my nominees...
1. The Artistry of Education
2. Learning is for Superstars
3. The Teacher in Me
4. HoJo's Teaching Adventures
5. Realistic Teacher
6. The Groovy Teacher
7. Kindergarten Faith
8. Growing in Pre K
9. Reading and Writing Redhead
10. Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten
11. Teaching with TLC
Have a fantastic weekend!