Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Interactive Bulletin Board

Well it has been a while since I posted. Last week I got sick. I knew it was too good to last! I completely lost my voice. When I went to the doctor he told me I had a cold. What kind of cold makes you lose your voice completely? I asked. Well apparently there is some weird strain going around. I took Friday off and didn't speak for three days. I told my friends that this was my version of hell ~ losing my voice cause I love to talk! They completely agreed with me. I'm not sure if that is a compliment or if I should take offense=)

I'm finally getting my voice back {though I still can't sing at the top of my lungs with the radio, which I am fond of doing} so I could catch up on some work that we missed from my sick day. I am sure every teacher out there knows what I am talking about when I say taking a sick day is more of a pain than going in. And I even have a sub tub prepared!

We have been working on graphing for the last couple of weeks in math. The kids really seem to like graphing. Now when it comes to using that information they still have to be guided by me but at least they are enthusiastic about it!

We did a monster graph craftivity which they loved! Here is an example...


Does anyone else feel like their word walls, anchor charts, vocabulary, etc. is just wallpaper? The students just don't seem to be utilizing the information that I have posted around the room. I don't know how many kids ask me how to help them spell words that are right on the word wall! They also have a laminated word wall I let them keep in their desks. Kind of driving me crazy.

Anyhoo- I decided to try to make my boards my interactive. I decided to start with my math wall. To start off I'll just have a basic addition number sentence with pictures.


It's just a small section on my math board but I am hoping that it will get the kids to notice the information up there. I used poster putty for the fruit and number. That way it is easily removed. I also think I will change it up with different holiday's, seasons and such.

I'll let y'all know how it goes and post about it next week!

7 comments:

  1. I love how you made your bulletin board interactive!! That will be great for your students. I just found you through Dana's blog post at Fun in 1st Grade & I'm a fellow first grade follower!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! The students loved it when they walked in this morning! They also pointed out that 4 + 3 = 7 not 8...LOL! One of my fruits had dropped off! I had them correct it. Such is the day in my life!

      Delete
  2. Love your ideas! I am your newest follower:)

    Jessica
    Learn, Play & Have Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your darling blog through Lindsey. I am a Utah blogger. Utah does have beautiful mountains. I love Barnes and Noble. Did you get a discount working there? I'm your newest follower.
    ą®Rikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Rikki! I followed you back! Love your bee theme! Too cute! And yes, I did get one heck of a discount at Barnes and Noble. It was a LONG time ago so I don't remember how much but I think it was around 40%=) I grew up in AZ where there are mountains! None here in central Texas=( But the hills are beautiful!

      Delete
  4. A high quality camera for a very attractive price or just
    a bad quality picture? Discover on the full review at http:
    //reviews.top-information.net/canon-powershot-sx50-hs-review/
    my website > Click Here

    ReplyDelete