Friday, September 14, 2012

Reading Buddies and a Freebie

Wow! It has been such a busy week! And to top it off it was very rainy today. So the kids were squirelly all day. The bright spot in my day was we started our Reading Buddies! We join up with a 5th grade class and the kids LOVE it! First I had the kids do a little getting to know you activity. They interviewed each other and were having a fantastic time finding out their common interests. I overheard a lot of great discussions and some very amusing ones as well! Here are a few pics of the kiddos interviewing each other.


Get your Freebie here.

I have staff development tomorrow. Yep~I have it on a Saturday. At least I'm getting paid for it! It's a math workshop called "Do the Math." I hope they have stuff I can implement right away in the classroom. Those are my favorite workshops! Make and takes! Woohoo! Keeping my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea. I will start working on it this week. How often do you have your first graders meet with the fifth graders?

    How was your Saturday workshop? Did you learn something you might be implementing?

    ReplyDelete